with Yogurt Sauce
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 3/4 cups (1 large)thinly sliced,
peeled, seeded cucumbers
- 1 cup thinly sliced, separated
into rings onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 8 ounce carton plain nonfat yogurt
- 8 whole wheat, cut in half 6-inch pita breads
- 1 cup thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
Combine first 10 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and shake well to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
Combine cucumber, onion, mint and yogurt in a bowl, stir well. Cover and chill.
Prepare grill. Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 to 10 minutes on each side or until done, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Cut chicken diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch slices, set aside.
Divide chicken evenly between pita halves; spoon 1 Tablespoon lettuce, 1 Tablespoon tomato, and 1 1/2 Tablespoons yogurt sauce into each pita half.
This chicken is great without the pita and yogurt as well. Will serve 4 using only 1 pound chicken but keep other items the same
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 272 - Calories from Fat 39
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 14%, Protein 43%, Carbohydrate 43%
Totals and Percent Daily Values (2000 calories): Fat 4g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 97mg, Sodium 369mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Protein 29g, Vitamin A 187 units, Vitamin C 20 units, Calcium 56 units, Iron 1 units