- 1 pound Ground Skinless Turkey Breast
- 1/2 cup fat-free herb crackers,*
processed to fine crumbs
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard,
spicy or dijon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup canned tomato sauce, no salt added
- 2 egg whites
- 6 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons honey
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine all ingredients EXCEPT ketchup and honey and mix well. Turn mixture into a 7 or 8-inch loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes, until firm and brown on top.
Combine ketchup and honey; spread evenly over top of loaf and bake 5 minutes longer.
Serve with additional ketchup, if desired.
* A tasty substitute would be Nabisco Vegetable Thins.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 168 - Calories from Fat 15
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 9%, Protein 49%, Carbohydrate 43%
Totals and Percent Daily Values (2000 calories): Fat 2g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 268mg, Total Carbohydrate 18g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Protein 21g, Vitamin A 1453 units, Vitamin C 4 units, Calcium 0 units, Iron 1 units