- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup skinned, seeded and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 2 ounces hoagie buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 ounces sliced extra lean ham
- 4 ounces thinly sliced skinless turkey breast
- 8 slices ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella
Combine first 6 ingredients: cover and let stand 30 minutes.
Slice buns in half horizontally. Pull out soft insides of both top and bottom halves, leaving 1/2 -inch thick shells. Line each bottom half with a lettuce leaf.
Spoon mushroom mixture evenly onto lettuce using a slotted spoon. Cover with remaining lettuce. Arrange ham, turkey, tomato slices and cheese on lettuce. Place top halves on sandwiches, and wrap in plastic wrap.
Chill up to 2 hours. Cut in half to serve
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 269 - Calories from Fat 61
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 23%, Protein 31%, Carbohydrate 46%
Totals and Percent Daily Values (2000 calories): Fat 7g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 41mg, Sodium 663mg, Total Carbohydrate 31g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Protein 21g, Vitamin A 1649 units, Vitamin C 75 units, Calcium 0 units, Iron 3 units