- 4 Tablespoons Vegetable Broth,
or fat-free chicken broth
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken
breasts, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 16 oz. can canned stewed
- 1 16 oz. can Health Valley Mild
Vegetarian Fat-free 3 Bean Chili
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- dash of Cayenne Pepper
- 2 cups steamed broccoli flowerettes
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
Heat broth in dutch oven over medium-high heat. Stir-fry garlic, onion, red pepper and chicken for about 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked.
Stir in drained stewed tomatoes, chili, chili powder and cayenne powder. Bring mixture to a boil. Cover, and reduce heat, simmer for about 8 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Stir in steamed broccoli and simmer an additional 2 minutes.
Remove from heat. Serve over brown rice, garnish with chopped cilantro.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 290 - Calories from Fat 26
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 9%, Protein 35%, Carbohydrate 56%
Totals and Percent Daily Values (2000 calories): Fat 3g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 64mg, Sodium 413mg, Total Carbohydrate 41g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Protein 25g, Vitamin A 1872 units, Vitamin C 72 units, Calcium 0 units, Iron 2 units