- 1 pound Ground Skinless Turkey Breast
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomato
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 whole wheat buns, split
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded sharp reduced
fat Cheddar cheese
Cook turkey, onion and garlic in a large nonstick skillet over high heat until browned, stirring to crumble.
Stir in bell pepper and next 7 ingredients (bell pepper through black pepper). Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
Spoon 1/2 cup turkey mixture onto each roll half; top each with 2 Tablespoons cheese.
Serves 4 healthy (or 8 puny) people
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 395 - Calories from Fat 84
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 21%, Protein 44%, Carbohydrate 35%
Totals and Percent Daily Values (2000 calories): Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 85mg, Sodium 788mg, Total Carbohydrate 35g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Protein 43g, Vitamin A 1248 units, Vitamin C 46 units, Calcium 0 units, Iron 4 units