with Chipotle Ketchup
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices low-fat monterey jack cheese
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 to 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce (canned)
- 4 whole wheat burger buns, lightly toasted
In a bowl, combine turkey, cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper. Mix lightly and form into 4 burgers. In another small bowl, whisk together the ketchup and minced chipotle chili; set aside.
Grill on outdoor barbeque (or broil or panfry) about 5 minutes on each side; top with 1 slice cheese in last minute of cooking. Lightly toast buns. Put burgers within buns, top each with 1 Tablespoon chipotle ketchup.
HINT: To make the Chipotle Ketchup less spicy, remove (and throw away) the seeds from the chipotle chili before mincing. ALSO, you might want to double up on this Chipotle Ketchup sauce cause it's soo darned good!
Nutrition Facts (8 PP) (Without Bun 5 PP)
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 301 - Calories from Fat 126
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 20%, Protein 70%, Carbohydrate 10%
Totals and Percent Daily Values (2000 calories): Fat 14g, Saturated Fat 5g, Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 2031mg, Total Carbohydrate 31g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 6g, Protein 11g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 28%, Iron 8%