Turkey Mini Meat Loaves
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 Tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 1 1/4 lbs extra-lean ground turkey breast +
- 2 large egg whites
- 6 Tablespoons catsup
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce *
Heat oven to 350°.
Coat a small skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan and saute for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
Combine cooked onion, breadcrumbs, parsley, worcestershire, salt, oregano, pepper, ground turkey and egg whites in a large bowl. Stir in 4 Tablespoons of catsup.
Spoon about 1/2 cup of mixture into each of 6 non-stick cups of a muffin or mini-loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
Combine remaining 2 Tablespoons of catsup with 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce and brush mixture over the meat mixture tops. Bake for 30 minutes until done.
* Note: Instead of the catsup & hot pepper sauce, I like to change the topping over sometimes to 2 Tablespoons of catsup with 1 Tablespoon honey; spread over top of loaves in LAST 5 MINUTES OF BAKING.
+ Extra Note: Only use Extra Lean (ground breast) because the Lean turkey leaves too much fat runoff.
Nutrition Facts (2 FP)
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 178 - Calories from Fat 5
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 3%, Protein 54%, Carbohydrate 34%
Totals and Percent Daily Values (2000 calories): Fat 2.35g, Saturated Fat .5g, Cholesterol 49mg, Sodium 394mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g, Dietary Fiber 1.1g, Sugar 6.6g, Protein 24g, Vitamin A 259 units, Vitamin C 5.5 units, Calcium 36 units, Iron 1.5 units