- 1/4 cup quick cooking rolled oats, uncooked
- 1 Tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick cooking rolled oats, uncooked
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 400°.
Prepare muffin pan with paper liners OR spray with nonstick cooking spray. Combine Topping ingredients and set aside.
Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients and mix well. Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until just moistened. Fill muffin cups and sprinkle with the Topping. Bake for 22-24 minutes, until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out somewhat clean.
Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and continue to cool. Serve warm or cooled
Variation: Use old-fashioned oats if you want the muffins chewier.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 254 - Calories from Fat 97
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 38%, Protein 8%, Carbohydrate 54%
Totals and Percent Daily Values (2000 calories): Fat 11g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 213mg, Total Carbohydrate 34g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g, Protein 5g, Vitamin A 4555 units, Vitamin C 1 units, Calcium 0 units, Iron 2 units