- 2 large potatoes, peeled,
diced in 2 cups water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1 10 oz. package frozen corn
- 3 Tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 1/2 cups diced onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 medium, diced carrots
- 1 cup diced broccoli
- 1 diced large green bell pepper
- 2 little (5-6-inch) diced zucchini
- 1 quart warmed up 1% lowfat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 Tablespoon SPICE DELIGHT (below)
ALSO MAY ADD A VARIETY OF FRESH HERBS SNIPPINGS (BASIL & MARJORAM).
1.Cook the potatoes in the 2 cups of water until soft. Mash or puree them in blender
included in their cooking water. Add the peas & corn to puree and set
2. Heat the butter in heavy pot and cook onions with salt, 7 minutes. Add
other vegetables in order of appearance, sauteing about 7 minutes after
each addition. Add spices during this cooking time.
3. When all the veggies are tender and brightly colored, pour in the puree.
Slowly add the warmed milk to the soup. Gently heat the soup through (don't
cook it, just heat it) and serve immediately...with a good dark rye bread.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 317 - Calories from Fat 27
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 8%, Protein 17%, Carbohydrate 74%
Totals and Percent Daily Values (2000 calories): Fat 3g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 7mg, Sodium 701mg, Total Carbohydrate 59g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Protein 14g, Vitamin A 8882 units, Vitamin C 95 units, Calcium 0 units, Iron 3 units
- 1 ounce basil
- 1 ounce coriander
- 1 ounce cumin
- 1 ounce sage
- 1 ounce thyme
- 1/2 ounce celery seed
- 1/2 ounce NETTLE
- 1/2 ounce onion flakes
- 1/2 ounce parsley flakes
- 1/4 ounce crushed red pepper
- 1/4 ounce GARLIC FLAKES
- 1/4 ounce DRY KELP
- 1/4 ounce powdered mustard
- 1/4 ounce paprika
This is a whopper of a formula. Eliminating some of the herbs or exchanging
one for another will vary the flavor of your personal taste.
Grind each item then mix together.