Baked Coated Nuts
- 1/2 pound nuts, any combination
of Almonds, Cashews,
Walnut, Pecan Halves
- 2 fl. ounces Egg Beaters
- 1 Tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- wheat germ, for coating (up to 2 cups)
1. Preheat oven to 275°. Lightly grease a baking tray.
2. Beat together the egg, tamari sauce, and salt in a medium sized bowl.
3. Add the nuts to the egg mixture in the bowl. Stir until they are all coated, and let them stand 5 minutes.
4. Place the wheat germ on a flat surface, such as a plate. Use a slotted spoon to scoop up the nuts, a few at a time, plop them down onto the bed of wheat germ, roll them until coated. Transfer the coated nuts to the baking tray. Continue until all the nuts are coated and evenly distributed on the tray. (It's okay if some of them are clustered together).
5. Bake undisturbed for 1 1/4 hours. Cool, and store in a tightly-lidded jar