Low Fat Banana Pudding
- 1/3 cup flour
- dash salt
- 2 1/2 cups 1% lowfat milk
- 1 14 oz. can Borden's fat free
sweetened condensed milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups bananas, sliced ripe(3 large), divided
- 45 reduced fat vanilla wafers
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Combine flour and salt in a medium nonstick saucepan. Gradually add milks and egg yolks; stir well. Cook over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
3. Arrange 1 cup banana slices in bottom of a 2-quart baking dish. Spoon 1/3 of pudding mixture over banana. Arrange 15 wafers on top of pudding. Repeat layers twice, arranging the last 15 wafers around edge of dish; pushing cookies into pudding.
4. Beat egg whites at high speed of a mixer until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 Tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue evenly over pudding, sealing to edge of dish. Bake at 325° for 25 minutes or until golden.
Note: Pudding will be a bit soupy when you first remove it from the oven. Let it cool at least an hour before serving
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 327 - Calories from Fat 29
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 9%, Protein 10%, Carbohydrate 81%
Totals and Percent Daily Values (2000 calories): Fat 3g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 48mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 66g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Protein 8g, Vitamin A 242 units, Vitamin C 7 units, Calcium 10 units, Iron 1 units