Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 4 dozen
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°.
In a medium bowl combine flour, soda, salt and cocoa powder. Mix well with a whisk and set aside.
In a large electric mixer bowl, blend sugars at medium speed. Add softened butter and mix to form a grainy paste. Scrape
down sides of bowl, then add eggs and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
Add the flour mixture and chocolate chips, and blend at low speed just until combined. Don't overmix.
Drop by Tablespoonful onto ungreased baking sheets (I use 2 sheets so as one comes out of the oven, I pop in the other).
Bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand in pan for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
* Using baking soda and dark brown sugar will give you darker, flatter, chewier cookies.
HINT: Always use Air-Insulated pans for perfect cookies every time.