Traditional Thai seasonings combine with Indian curry in this rich and delicious concoction.
- 1 pound tiny red potatoes, (or yellow)
- 1 medium cauliflower, broken into flowerets
- 1 Tablespoon light sesame oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 medium carrots, thickly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup dried pitted prune, chopped
- 1 cup frozen or fresh petite peas
- 1 cup Lite Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice, Basmati
Wash potatoes and cut in half lengthwise. Heat the oil over medium heat in a heavy, high-walled skillet or pot with a tight fitting lid.
Saute the onion and garlic with curry powder for about 2 minutes, then add the potatoes and carrots. Stir and saute 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower and salt and saute 5 minutes.
Add 1 cup water and the prunes, bring to a simmer, cover and cook 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender but not soft. Add peas, coconut milk, cilantro, lime juice and cayenne. Stir and simmer for 3 minutes, then serve very hot.
Serve with basmati rice
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 328 - Calories from Fat 43
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 13%, Protein 8%, Carbohydrate 79%
Totals and Percent Daily Values (2000 calories): Fat 5g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 156mg, Total Carbohydrate 64g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Protein 7g, Vitamin A 7151 units, Vitamin C 25 units, Calcium 0 units, Iron 3 units