Herbed Pasta Primavera
For the best flavor, use fresh parsley, fresh basil, and freshly shredded Parmesan cheese.
- 6 ounces cooked fettuccine or linguine
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons instant vegetable granules
or chicken bouillon
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus, cut into
- 1 cup (about 2 medium) very thinly
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 6 ounce frozen pea pods, thawed
and well drained
- 2/3 cup almonds, sliced (or
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, snipped
(or 1 Tbs dry)
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, snipped
(or 1 1/2 tsp Dried crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, for sauce, in a cup stir together water, cornstarch and bouilloon granules. Set aside.
Pour olive oil into wok or large skillet. Preheat over medium-high heat. Stir-fry garlic in hot oil for 15 seconds. Add asparagus, carrots, and onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add pea pods, almonds, parsley, basil, and pepper. Stir-fry about 1-2 minutes more or till vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetable mixture from wok.
Stir sauce; add sauce to wok. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Return vegetable mixture to wok, toss to coat. Heat through.
To Serve, spoon vegetable mixture over cooked pasta. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 329 - Calories from Fat 166
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 50%, Protein 16%, Carbohydrate 33%
Totals and Percent Daily Values (2000 calories): Fat 18g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 19mg, Sodium 257mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Protein 13g, Vitamin A 8563 units, Vitamin C 36 units, Calcium 0 units, Iron 3 units