- 1 cup zucchini, julienned
- 1 cup yellow squash, julienned
- 1 cup fresh mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 Tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup carrot, julienned and steamed
- 1 cup broccoli flowerettes, steamed
- 6 Tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 cups 1% lowfat milk
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 16 oz. package lasagne noodles
- 1 pound shredded lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 15 ounces lowfat ricotta cheese
- 1 10 oz. package thawed chopped
- 3 Tablespoons freshly grated
- chopped fresh parsley
Saute zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms and garlic until tender in 2 Tbs margarine. Add italian seasoning and 1/4 tsp salt. Stir in carrots and broccoli; set aside and cool.
Melt remaining margarine in saucepan; add flour, pepper and remaining salt. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes. Stir in milk and cook until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
Cook pasta, according to package directions. Rinse in cool water and drain. Grease Lasagna pan. Spoon only enough white sauce into lasagna pan to barely cover the bottom. Line with 3 noodles; spoon 1/2 the vegetable mixture over noodles, placing it down the center of each noodle; sprinkle 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese over the vegetable mixture. Cover with another layer of pasta; spread with 1/2 the spinach ; cover with 1/2 the remaining white sauce.
Repeat the layering; 3 noodles; remaining vegetables, 1/2 remaining mozzarella; 3 noodles, remaining ricotta, spinach and white sauce. Cover with remaining mozzarella, sprinkle with parmesan and parsley over top. Bake 45 minutes in a preheated 350° oven. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Serve with crisp green salad and fresh bread
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 736 - Calories from Fat 223
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 30%, Protein 26%, Carbohydrate 44%
Totals and Percent Daily Values (2000 calories): Fat 25g, Saturated Fat 14g, Cholesterol 77mg, Sodium 1210mg, Total Carbohydrate 80g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Protein 48g, Vitamin A 10319 units, Vitamin C 33 units, Calcium 0 units, Iron 5 units