Swordfish Kabobs Teriyaki
- 1 16 oz. can canned pineapple chunks,
drained, 1/4 cup liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger root, grated,
or 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic,
(about 5 to 6 cloves)
- 2 pounds swordfish or other firm white fish,
3/4 -inch thick filets
- 2 green bell peppers, cut in bite-size pieces
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
1. To make marinade, combine reserved pineapple juice with soy sauce, sugar, ginger, mustard, and garlic.
2. Marinate fish (whole - do not cut up at this point), refrigerated, at least 1 hour.
3. Drain fish, reserving marinade. Cut filets into bite-size pieces. Skewer pineapple, bell peppers and fish, baste with marinade, and broil about 4 minutes, turn and baste with marinade; broil another 4 minutes. Serve on a bed of rice.
(This Hawaiian dish would also be good using chicken.)
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 381 - Calories from Fat 58
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 15%, Protein 36%, Carbohydrate 49%
Totals and Percent Daily Values (2000 calories): Fat 6g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 59mg, Sodium 1510mg, Total Carbohydrate 46g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Protein 34g, Vitamin A 348 units, Vitamin C 30 units, Calcium 0 units, Iron 4 units