Fresh Salmon Burgers
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/4 pounds salmon fillets, skinned,
cut into pieces
- 2 Tablespoons chopped scallions
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1-inch peeled and grated fresh ginger root
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 slices pineapples, 3/4 -inch thick
- 6 scallions, trimmed and sliced lengthwise
- 4 sesame-seed burger buns
Prepare marinade several hours before cooking. In small container whisk together soy sauce, sugar, lemon juice, sesame oil and ginger; cover and set aside.
In food processor with chopping blade combine salmon, chopped green onion, garlic, grated ginger root, soy sauce, and sesame oil until well combined. Divide into 4 equal parts and shape into 4 burgers; cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
About 10 minutes before grilling, soak scallions and pineapple slices in marinade. Drain and reserve marinade for serving with burgers.
Grill burgers about 5 minutes on each side. Grill pineapple slices and scallions about a minute or two on each side. Heat up buns until lightly toasted.
To serve: Place salmon burger on bottom halves of buns; top with a pineapple slice and 3 halves of scallion; cover with top half of bun. Serve with the marinade
Nutrition Facts (11 PP)
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 414 - Calories from Fat 169
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 41%, Protein 32%, Carbohydrate 27%
Totals and Percent Daily Values (2000 calories): Fat 19g, Saturated Fat 4g, Cholesterol 96mg, Sodium 906mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Protein 34g, Vitamin A 665 units, Vitamin C 9 units, Calcium 0 units, Iron 2 units