Scallops and Pasta
Dill and crushed red pepper lend lively flavor to this dish.
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 8 ounces dried fettuccine or linguine
- 1 Tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 cloves minced garlic
- 6 ounces frozen sugar snap peas or
snow pea pods, defrosted
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white grape juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed,
or 1 TBS fresh snipped dill
- 1 teaspoon Wyler's Chicken-Flavor
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
Cut large scallops in half, set aside. Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Return fettuccine to pan; toss with margarine. Cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, pour oil into a wok. Preheat over medium-high heat. Add carrots and garlic; stir-fry for 4 minutes. Add sugar peas and green onions; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove vegetables from wok. Cool wok for 1 minute.
Carefully add white grape juice, the 1/3 cup water, dill, bouillon granules and crushed red pepper to wok. Bring to boiling. Add scallops, reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for about 2 minutes or until scallops are opaque, stirring often.
Stir together cornstarch and 2 TBS water; add to wok. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Return vegetables to wok; add pasta. Toss to mix; heat through. Transfer to dinner plates. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and cracked black pepper
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 433 - Calories from Fat 64
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 15%, Protein 28%, Carbohydrate 57%
Totals and Percent Daily Values (2000 calories): Fat 7g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 41mg, Sodium 355mg, Total Carbohydrate 62g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Protein 30g, Vitamin A 12905 units, Vitamin C 18 units, Calcium 0 units, Iron 2 units