Sesame Orange Roughy
- 1 pound orange roughy (or other fish filet)
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon margarine
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil *
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 scallion, chopped (1 Tablespoon)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
Cut the filets into 4 servings; rinse and pat with paper towels. Brush both sides of filets with the 2 Tablespoons lime juice. Heat the margarine over medium heat in a large non-stick skillet. Add filets and cook about 5 minutes on each side; transfer fish to serving plate to keep warm.
Meanwhile, in a large measuring cup stir together the water, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, toasted sesame oil, the 1/2 teaspoon lime juice and pepper. Pour the soy sauce mixture into the skillet and heat; scraping up browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
Spoon the soy mixture over fish. Sprinkle with the chopped scallion and sesame seeds. Goes well with Honey Glazed Baby Carrots or asparagus.
* I searched all over the place and finally found toasted sesame oil (or dark sesame oil) at my local Health Food Store. Made from toasted sesame seeds, this thick, rich oil is golden to dark brown in color and marvelously aromatic. As opposed to sesame oils, the toasted variety is used as a seasoning only.
Nutrition Facts (2 SP)
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 135 - Calories from Fat 67
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 33%, Protein 52%, Carbohydrate 5%
Totals and Percent Daily Values (2000 calories): Fat 5g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 22mg, Sodium 447mg, Total Carbohydrate 5g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g, Protein 17g, Vitamin A 212 units, Vitamin C 3 units, Calcium 54 units, Iron .6 units