Broccoli & Tofu
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, unprocessed
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon tamari
- 1 Tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 pound chopped fresh broccoli
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons Vegetable Broth,
and a spritz of vegetable spray
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 pound firm tofu, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup raw Virginia peanuts,
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons tamari
- 1 minced fresh scallions
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
1.In small saucepan, whisk together peanut butter & hot water until uniform. Whisk in vinegar, tamari, molasses, cayenne. Set aside. Start cooking Rice.
2.Heat wok, add 2 Tbs Broth. Add 1/2 the ginger & 1/2 the garlic, salt lightly, saute over medium heat 1 minute; add tofu. turn heat up a little and stir-fry 5-8 min. Transfer it to saucepanful of peanut sauce. Mix gently.
3.Wipe wok out & heat again. Add remaining broth, ginger & garlic, salt lightly. Add onions & pepper, saute over med. heat til soft (5 min.).
4.Steam chopped broccoli 5 min. On another burner, begin heating peanut-tofu mixture on very low flame.
5.Add broccoli & chopped peanuts to wok, add tamari sauce and stir-fry over med-heat until tender (about 5 min).
6. Pour heated peanut-tofu sauce over the saute. Toss gently and sprinkle with the minced scallion as you toss.
Serve over rice. Have a side dish to cool the mouth Yogurt.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 940 - Calories from Fat 414
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 44%, Protein 20%, Carbohydrate 36%
Totals and Percent Daily Values (2000 calories): Fat 46g, Saturated Fat 7g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 1291mg, Total Carbohydrate 85g, Dietary Fiber 5g, Protein 46g, Vitamin A 2134 units, Vitamin C 112 units, Calcium 0 units, Iron 18 units